Lower Secondary English Tuition Programme
English language proficiency is developed over time and requires consistency. TF’s Upper Secondary English programme aims to develop the following skills, strategies and dispositions (attitudes and behaviours) in students:
1. Using Thinking Routines to analyse a variety of issues, eg.
- See, Think, Wonder
- Circle of Viewpoints
- To improve close reading skills (e.g. find connections/trends, discover relationships between characters, make inferences) and increase vocabulary through guided reading and annotating exercises
- To increase grammatical awareness in order to tackle the Editing component and reduce grammatical errors in writing
3. Checking Soundness of argument:
- Has PEEL structure (scaffolding) been used?
- Is the Explanation clear and logical?
- Is the Example/s given strong and convincing?
- Are there any loopholes in the argument? / Is it easily refuted (proved untrue)?
4. Checking for Precision, Completeness, Relevance (for the Comprehension & Summary component)
- Precision: accuracy of words and phrasing
- Completeness: no excess or lack of information
- Relevance: addressing the terms of question
5. Develop ease and confidence in writing through weekly writing exercises
LOWER SECONDARY ENGLISH TUITION 2021 CLASS SCHEDULE
|Day||Start time||End time|
|Sec 1 - Friday||6.00 pm||8.00 pm|
|Lower Sec - Saturday||4.00 pm||6.00 pm|
PLEASE FILL UP THIS FORM
TO CONTACT TEACHER EVELYN
ABOUT OUR LOWER SECONDARY ENGLISH TUITION COURSE