This year I have just one P4 class. And it is a lovely class 🙂 The children are humorous and surprisingly matured. I always smile when I see them walk in my home and they greet me.
We have been working hard from the very start in both writing and paper 2. Yesterday, we began with Oral. One of the areas that I have been working on with them is to improve on their vocabulary. Aside from being able to score in their vocabulary sections of paper 3. I wanted them to use more complex vocabulary in their writing.
We have completed the 4 of the Top School 2017 SA1 papers. Below is the Vocabulary List of those papers that we have completed.
How you may use the list at home:
I test them the spelling of those vocabulary words and then get them to make sentences to show me that they understand how to use those words.
P4 Vocabulary List SA1 papers – Tao Nan
1) startled – surprised
2) distracted – unable to concentrate because one is preoccupied by something
3) strutted – walk with a stiff, erect, and proud gait
4) hobbled – walk in an awkward way, typically because of pain from an injury
5) swaggered – walk or behave in a very confident and arrogant or self-important way
6) candidate – a person who applies for a job or is nominated for election or taking an examination
7) cutlery – knives, forks, and spoons used for eating or serving food.
8) apparatus – the technical equipment or machinery needed for a particular activity or purpose
P4 Vocabulary List SA1 papers – CHIJ St Nicholas
1) warily – cautiously
2) hastily – with excessive speed or urgency; hurriedly
3) a voyage – a long journey involving travel by sea or in space.
4) expedition – a journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration, research, or war.
5) entice – attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage
6) deceive – deliberately cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, especially for personal gain
7) peer – look with difficulty or concentration at someone or something
8) scan – look at all parts of (something) carefully in order to detect some feature
9) disband – break up or cause to break up
10) disperse – distribute or spread over a wide area
11) repulsive – arousing intense distaste or disgust
P4 Vocabulary List SA1 papers – Red Swastika
1) supplies – a stock or amount of something supplied or available for use
2) preventive – designed to keep something undesirable such as illness or harm from occurring
3) inventive – having the ability to create or design new things or to think originally
4) eyewitness – a person who has seen something happen and can give a first-hand description of it.
P4 Vocabulary List SA1 papers – MGS
1) panted – breathe with short, quick breaths, typically from exertion or excitement.
2) uttered – make (a sound) with one’s voice
3) gasped – catch one’s breath with an open mouth, owing to pain or astonishment
4) telecast – a television broadcast
5) convey – transport or carry to a place
6) obligated – require or compel (someone) to undertake a legal or moral duty
7) disintegrate – break up into small parts as the result of impact or decay
8) taken in – to trick someone into believing something that is not true
9) harshly – in a cruel or severe manner
Primary 4 English tuition class schedule
|Day||Start time||End time|
|Tuesday||3.00 pm||5.00 pm|
|Tuesday||5.15 pm||7.15 pm|
|Thursday - FULL||3.00 pm||5.00 pm|