P6 CA1 Vocabulary and Editing List 2017
Below are the vocabulary and editing words taken from the CA1 papers of the Top School Papers of 2017.
1) adhered – believe in and follow the practices of.
2) acceded – agree to a demand, request
3) appeased – pacify or placate (someone) by acceding to their demands
4) compiled – collect (information) in order to produce a list or book
5) accommodating -provide lodging or sufficient space
6) uncompromising – showing an unwillingness to make concessions to others, especially by changing one’s ways or opinions.
1) enforced – compel observance of or compliance with (a law, rule, or obligation).
2) ensured – make certain that (something) will occur or be the case
3) endorsed – declare one’s public approval or support of.
4) gaped – to gaze stupidly or in open mouthed surprise or wonder
5) enticed – attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage.
6) beguiled – charm or enchant (someone), often in a deceptive way
CHIJ St Nicholas
1) doubtful – giving rise to uncertainty
2) deceived – deliberately cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, especially for personal gain
3) retain – continue to have (something); keep possession of
4) renounce – refuse or resign a title or position
5) hectic – busy
6) strenuous – requiring or using great effort or exertion
7) modest – not large, elaborate, or expensive
1) wailed – make a prolonged high-pitched sound.
2) taunted – provoke or challenge (someone) with insulting remarks.
3) bellowed – emit a deep loud roar, typically in pain or anger.
4) lamented – express passionate grief about something
5) venture – a risky or daring journey or undertaking
6) entitlement – the fact of having a right to something
7) privilege – a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.
8) adversary – one’s opponent in a contest, conflict, or dispute.
Discover our new e-learning program
Primary 6 English tuition class schedule
|Day||Start time||End time|
|Wednesday - FULL||3.00 pm||5.00 pm|
|Wednesday - FULL||5.00 pm||7.00 pm|
|Saturday - FULL||9.00 am||11.00 am|
|Saturday - FULL||11.00 am||1.00 pm|