BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN
All classes are conducted via LIVE STREAMING until June 1, 2020.
You can access the class via any multimedia device by just clicking on a link.
Secondary 2 English Tuition Programme
English language proficiency is developed over time and requires consistency. TF’s Secondary 2 English programme aims to develop the following skills, strategies and dispositions (attitudes and behaviours) in students:
1. Using Thinking Routines to analyse a variety of issues, eg.
- See, Think, Wonder
- Circle of Viewpoints
- To improve close reading skills (e.g. find connections/trends, discover relationships between characters, make inferences) and increase vocabulary through guided reading and annotating exercises
- To increase grammatical awareness in order to tackle the Editing component and reduce grammatical errors in writing
3. Checking Soundness of argument:
- Has PEEL structure (scaffolding) been used?
- Is the Explanation clear and logical?
- Is the Example/s given strong and convincing?
- Are there any loopholes in the argument? / Is it easily refuted (proved untrue)?
4. Checking for Precision, Completeness, Relevance (for the Comprehension & Summary component)
- Precision: accuracy of words and phrasing
- Completeness: no excess or lack of information
- Relevance: addressing the terms of question
5. Develop ease and confidence in writing through weekly writing exercises
SECONDARY 2 ENGLISH TUITION SCHEDULE 2020
|Day||Start Time||End Time||Location|
|Sunday||2.30 pm||4.30 pm||Bukit Timah Shopping Centre|
PLEASE FILL UP THIS FORM
TO CONTACT TEACHER EVELYN
ABOUT OUR SECONDARY 2 ENGLISH TUITION COURSE